In question and answer form, Dr. Brown answers Jewish objections to Jesus at a presentation at The University of Southern California. Introductory Statement: Is Jesus the Jewish Messiah?
Topics Covered Include:
- Can a Jew believe in Jesus and still be a Jew?
- If Jesus is the Jewish Messiah, why has the Jewish community rejected him?
- What is the meaning behind the "scarlet thread" and the national atonement of Israel?
- Did Jesus fulfill the necessary Messianic prophecies? (IE: regathering of exiles and rebuilding of the temple)
- Will all national Israel be saved?
Dr Brown unveils some of the mysteries of the Kabbalah, explaining key aspects of its mystical teachings and pointing to the profound mystery of the Messiah as unfolded in the ‘hidden wisdom’ of the New Testament writings.”
Dr. Brown contrasts the written Word of God given to Moses with the oral traditions passed on in the rabbinic writings. What takes precedence? How do we interpret truth from the scriptures? How did Rabbinic Judaism start, and where did the rabbinic commands come from? Dr. Brown answers these questions and much more.”
This series of lectures by Dr. Brown seeks to answer most of the major objections that face Jewish believers in Yeshua. It’s a in-depth study of messianic prophecy and that systematically answers why we believe that Yeshua (Jesus) is the Messiah.
At a public lecture given at Yale University, Dr Brown compares the messianic credentials of the Lubavitcher rebbe, Menachem Mendel Schneerson, with those of Yeshua of Nazareth. This lecture was delivered before Rabbi Schneerson’s death.
Here’s some Wiki links to some of the supposed messiahs that in some cases are still followed to this day.